Sunday 3 March 2013

2013 Boat Show

Good day spent at the RYA Dinghy Show. Although I would have much preferred to have spent my time manning a Farr 3.7 show stand. But there is always next year!

The day was very useful never the less spent building contacts and finding new and interesting dinghy products. The best of which was Marlow Ropes new DM20 fibre, marketed as M-Rig. This is a dynemma fibre with NO creep and is designed for standing rigging. And deals with the issues that SK75, SK78 and SK78 Max have (in decreasing amounts) of creep over time. I full expect to be using this on my Farr. I expect I may also be replacing the current Intermediate shrouds with this new fibre. As I have a sneaking suspicion that I may be losing a little power after replacing the corroded broken wire inters with the current rope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment